Date, Time and Venue to suit (3 hour session)
This session provides the essential training to comply with all current statutory requirements for School Leaders, including Governors with a direct role or support role in recruiting and selecting staff.
The central focus is on robust practice and management to ensure effective recruitment and a safe culture across the school using a risk assessment approach. The session will feature expert input, interactive discussion and Q & A opportunities. Delegates will receive a personalised certificate and electronic copies of all resources following the session. Schools may link up to ensure cost effectiveness and price (if delivered on school site): £650 for up to 20 delegates.
This is an excellent, enjoyable learning event for anyone involved in recruitment and selection in schools/academies whether it is to renew your Safer Recruitment certificate or for if you have not undertaken training in this area previously.
The session is delivered on-site at any time to suit including as a twilight or evening session and schools/academies are welcome to partner up with others to ensure maximum value for money and gain the benefits of cross-school learning and networking.
- Aims of Safer Recruitment – developing a risk assessment approach
- Statutory framework and Safer Recruitment Policy
- Links with vision, values and school improvement
- Common weaknesses with recruitment practice
- Preparing to Recruit
- Planning the process – checklist of key steps
- Identifying potential risks with relevant strategies
- Actions to deter unsuitable applicants
- Use of Teacher’s Standards in recruitment
- Issues in Shortlisting
- Applying selection criteria
- Checking application forms and references
- Common issues with employment references
- Dealing with confidential disclosures
- Effective Interviewing
- Characteristics of a good interview
- Effective questions for safer recruitment
- Using effective and relevant selection tests
- Important issues to be aware of
- Making the decision
- Robust Checking
- Pre-appointment checks – how to handle concerns
- Record keeping
- Creating a Safer Culture
- Key principles in a Safe Culture
- Reporting and monitoring
- Involving stakeholders in developing a Safe Culture
For further information or to book a place please email to: email@example.com