Twilight or half-day session delivered at your School/Academy
This session is aimed at all Appraisers at all levels of your school, whether teacher, support staff or leadership team. It is particularly useful where a Headteacher feels that, over time, the appraisal process no longer has the impact on standards that it should or that there is a high level of inconsistency of practice
The session and supporting resources follow a coaching approach to appraisal. This will encourage and facilitate Appraisees to take ownership of their appraisal with stronger accountability for their own performance and development. Participants will come away with the understanding, skills and tools to undertake the role of Appraiser successfully and with confidence, including, where relevant, making appropriate, robust pay recommendations.
From this session all delegates will :
- Gain a clear overview of the key steps and the roles in the appraisal cycle
- Understand how to draft SMART personalised objectives and success criteria linked directly to your Academy/School’s vision, values and strategic priorities
- Develop a good understanding of the importance of the professional standards in appraisal
- Understand how to track progress towards a successful appraisal
- Understand what a fair, robust appraisal review looks like including making an appropriate recommendation on pay if this is part of their role
- Develop the key skills in a coaching approach to appraisal
Participants are requested to bring their own JD, a copy of your school’s appraisal pro formas and a summary of your school’s SIP priorities, vision and values to use during the training. There will also be a short pre-course preparation activity to ensure delegates get the best from the session.
Gary Edwards will deliver the training and in his time with KCC he was referred to by Headteachers as “Kent’s Guru on Appraisal”. Learning will be achieved through expert input, facilitated, practical activities using the teachers’ standards and your own school’s vision, values and improvement plan. There will be good opportunity for open Q and A.
The session can be delivered as a twilight session, though a half-day [morning or afternoon] session is highly recommended as this will enable greater depth of understanding and more opportunity to focus on the key issues that make for a fully effective process.
The focus for the training can be either appraisal for teachers [including leadership], or support staff or combined. Schools/academies are welcome to partner with other local schools/academies in order to ensure maximum value for money and to gain the benefits from cross school learning and networking.
For further information, including price per session please email: firstname.lastname@example.org