This is a highly practical, interactive session that focuses on real, school situations specific to the roles and responsibilities of all participants. The session is delivered on-site and will cover challenging situations involving all areas of school including difficult conversations with colleagues, parents etc.
The course content draws on established and reputable models and strategies with a unique framework developed by Gary Edwards from over 30 years of working with schools, academies and the wider public sector.
From this session, all delegates will have
- Reflected on previous experiences and identified key learning points
- A clear understanding of the core components for a successful challenging – conversation
- Practised using an effective structure for challenging conversations
- Developed key skills and techniques in managing conversations successfully
- Identified how to use their learning to ensure successful outcomes
Prior Preparation Work
To ensure all delegates get the best from this training a short pre-course activity is set around reflecting on three key questions related to previous experience of a challenging conversation. Delegates are asked to make some brief, confidential notes that they would feel able to share with others in the session.
Agenda for the Session
- Introductions and learning from pre-course work
- Understanding the core components of a successful challenging – conversation
- A framework for successful challenging – conversations
- Successful strategies and techniques including managing emotions
- Common problems and other issues
- Conclusion and review of learning
Ideally, this programme should be delivered in a half-day to cover all aspects and issues arising but can be provided as a shortened, twilight session if release time is difficult.
Schools and academies are welcome to join up to ensure maximum cost-effectiveness
For further details, including cost please contact Gary Edwards: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07933 220 183