Here you will find a library of useful documents and other resources to enable excellence in people management and leadership
In the course of our work we are continually working on policies, pro formas and other important documents that have positive impact people management and leadership across all organisations and we are very happy to make those available freely where we can.
We just ask that you don’t merely adopt the policy or pro forma as it stands but you consider carefully how you can best use it to reflect the aims, vision and values of your school, academy or college. Please do give us the credit if you are sharing it with a wider audience and we really would like to receive some feedback as well.
We will be adding more resources frequently and in other areas of leadership and people management so please do come back to check out the new additions.
And if you have something you would like us to share with our schools and academies then please do let us know.
Each pack contains a collection of PDF documents:
- Using the National Standards of Excellence for Headteachers
- 20 Strategic Questions for Governing Bodies
- A Whole School Preamble for Standards
- Greatness by David Marqet
- Top tips for school leaders #1: How to … conduct Return to Work interviews
- Appraisees – Preparing for YOUR Mid-
- Reflection and Preparation for Appraisal
- Checklist for SMART appraisal objectives
- Great Ideas for Informal CPD
- Reflection and Self Review for Teaching Assistants
- How to accept the 'gift' of feedback
- Appraisal Audit Tool
Pay and Reward
- 10 Key Leadership Questions for your Pay and Reward Policy
- Outline appraisal and pay criteria for support staff
- Force Field Analysis
- SWOT Analysis with guidance
- Commitment/Influencer Planning
- Record of Informal Professional Discussion
- Performance Improvement Plan
Coaching into Appraisal
- The PMB Report no 1: Wellbeing and Worklife Balance for Schools/Academies
- The Stour Academy: Welfare Policy for Non-teaching staff
- The Stour Academy: Welfare Policy for Teaching staff
- 10 Question Survey: Staff Well-being
- Burnout - What it is and how to deal with it: Teach Well, Alliance April 2018
- ACAS booklet: Health, Work and Well-being 2012
Recruitment and Selection
- Great interview questions for schools #1: Cleaner
Simply enter your details below and your selection will be automatically emailed to you. In return, we just ask you to sign up to our mailing list. We won't pass your details to anyone else and we won't spam you, we'll just let you know when new resources or articles are available.