Successful Appraisal for Appraisers: Teachers
This session is aimed primarily at new or recently appointed Appraisers but will also be of value as ‘refresher’ training for more experienced Appraisers. The session will provide Appraisers with the knowledge and skills to commence the appraisal process successfully and with confidence including, where relevant, making appropriate pay recommendations.
From this session you will have:
- a clear understanding of the appraisal process and links with school improvement
- developed a strong awareness of the roles and expectations of Appraisers and Appraisees
- practiced setting SMART objectives and success criteria linked directly to your school’s vision, values and priorities for improvement
- an outline action plan for relevant, effective monitoring strategies – ensuring Appraisee accountability
- clarity about how to draft a ‘firm but fair’ end of year review statement including making an appropriate recommendation on pay if this is part of your role
There is a clear emphasis on enabling Appraisees to take ownership for their process and accountability for their performance and development.
Learning in this session will be through expert trainer input from Gary Edwards, facilitated, practical activities using your own school's vision and improvement plan as well as open Q and A.
Tea/coffee with fresh fruit and pastries available from 8.10 and the session starts promptly at 8.30.
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Standard price: £119 pp
For further information or to book a place please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org